Masterchef’s Marion has her own selection of Thai meals you can cook up easily.
The one I attempted to cook was her Thai Green Curry. What I liked about what’s in the box, is how much is packed in!
1 x Marion’s Kitchen Thai Green Curry pack, includes:
- Green Curry Paste
- Coconut Milk
- Dried Thai Herbs & Chilli
- Fish Sauce
- Bamboo Shoots
You basically just need your choice of protein and whatever vegetables you like! I’ve added chicken, eggplant and long beans. I also love that it comes with delicious bamboo shoots which are one of my favourite things to add to a Thai Green Curry, and to any stir fry. It’s just that good.
Method (from Marion’s Kitchen, and on the box)
1. Heat oil over medium heat and fry the Green Curry Paste for about a minute
2. Now’s the time to pour in the creamy Coconut Milk and 1 cup of water. Tip – if you want to make your curry less spicy, you can add an extra ½ cup water here.
3. Then add the packet of Dried Herbs & Chilli (leave the chilli out if you want a mild curry or chop it up if you want a spicier curry). Now add the fish sauce and wait for the curry to start simmering again.
4. Open up those tasty Bamboo Shoots, drain away the liquid and add the shoots into the curry. Now add your chicken (substitute your protein) and vegetables and simmer for about 2 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Serve with steamed rice.
I’ve got to say it tasted pretty darn good, not too creamy, just enough spice and packed full of flavour. Although their pack is kinda on the pricier side compared to those Malaysian/Singaporean Prima packs.
It has it’s own coconut milk, herbs and bamboo shoots (which are quite expensive all things considering) so it still is value for money.
I would definitely use this if I wanted to cook up a quick and easy Thai Green Curry, and it basically has everything you need!