Wafer thin almond cookies are incredibly addictive. I found this recipe by Alan Ooi from his recipe book In Love with Cookies and adjusted it slightly for sweetness. The thinner you make the cookies, the more evenly crunchy it will be. If you prefer a bit of density and for some bite, just make the cookies slightly thicker. This recipe is pretty easy to make, and perfect for some fun with children.
Crispy Almond Slices
Makes: ~ 25 cookies
50g caster sugar
2 egg whites
50g plain flour
200g almond flakes
20g white sesame seeds
1. Put sugar, egg and egg whites in a bowl and mix until well combined.
2. Stir in sifted plain flour, then add in almond flakes. Stir lightly until well mixed. Set aside the batter for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 165°C
4. Use a spoon to take 1 tbsp of batter, place on a baking tray and make into thin slices.
5. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
6. Bake the cookies at 165C for 15 minutes to 20 minutes or until golden brown.